Halt The Harm webinar recording October 2019
An excellent introduction to CVE, the surrounding community and activism.
Cricket Valley Energy Center, Aerial view, Summer 2019
Bill McKibben, founder of 350.org and bestselling author discusses Cricket Valley Energy Center’s impact on Climate Change

Text of the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act

The Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act requires the state to slash its planet-warming pollution 85 percent below 1990 levels by 2050, and offset the remaining 15 percent.


Expert Report by
Anthony R. Ingraffea, Ph.D., P.E.

In the matter of:
A Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement for the Cricket Valley Energy Center

“The DEIS and FEIS contain serious errors and omissions. The most important error is CVEC’s calculation of CO2e emissions because it vastly underestimates the effect of both direct and indirect methane emissions on this calculation...”


Draft Environmental Impact Statement Cricket Valley Energy Project – Dover, NY

Prepared by CVE in April, 2011, the Draft Environmental Impact Statement is the set of documents which New York’s DEC reviewed prior to approving the project application. In the 8 years that have elapsed since this document was prepared, climate science has advanced significantly. It is doubtful that the project envisioned in 2011 would be approved today. See the Expert Report above.


Five Things Organizers Should Know About the Cricket Valley Fracked Gas Plant

Published by LittleSis, a grassroots watchdog network connecting the dots between the world’s most powerful people and organizations. An in-depth investigation into the money and politics behind the Cricket Valley Energy Center.


COVID-19 ALERT APRIL 2020: Cricket Valley continues to deploy large groups of workers, many from out of state. By not providing workers with personal protective equipment, CVE is placing them at risk along with members of the local community where workers are lodging, shopping and utilizing local services. Dover NY has the largest number of COVID-19 cases in Eastern Dutchess County. The video below was taken by a ResistCVE activist on April 8th, and shows CVE workers violating NYS “Protocols for Essential Personnel”